Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 16 April 2012

To Wadenhoe

At ten this morning we pulled pins and headed off towards the Middle Nene Cruising Club (MNCC) at Titchmarsh Mill.  Graham had phoned ahead yesterday to arrange for us to visit and service the two boats.  There are usually reciprical arrangements in place between cruising clubs and we are covered by our membership of the Cutweb Internet Boat Club.   The withdrawal of a number of service facilities on the Nene and the Middle levels will mean that access to cruising club facilities are going to prove that much more important it seems...
Thank you the MNCC for the use of your facilities, it is much appreciated.
Yarwood leads off followed by Nb Matilda Rose

 The weather blessed us as we wound our way along the course of the R Nene towards Titchmarsh

 The boats had to be reversed into the Club facilities and breasted up to enable Graham to do a pump-out of the black tank and for both boats to take on fresh water supplies.
The Middle Nene Cruising Club moorings at  Titchmarsh

Both boats moored up at the Kings Head moorings at Wadenhoe 

This is a lovely mooring with Wadenhoe lock in the background

4 comments:

  1. Good pub there too - have a pint for me!

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue
    I walked across from Thrapston on Sunday along the Nene Way and sampled a pint at the Kings Head before walking back through sun and hailstones. On Monday I went and tried another pint but given that I now need to have a pint for your goodself I suppose I will have to drag my weary feet back to the Inn this coming lunchtime...
    Trials AND TRIBULATIONS!
    x Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - your sacrifice IS appreciated! :-)

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.