Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday 25 May 2012

Busy doing...very little really

So here are at Whittlesey and Wednesday morning a very nice man came along and cut the grass on 'our garden' after which we set out the chairs, got out the Kindles and enjoyed the weather. 
Then it was a bit of ball throwing for Floyd and Fletcher followed by a visit to the town for a hair cut.  Joe's expenditure for his hair cut, £5 whilst my 'dry cut' was £14???    Still slightly less mop-like now and the job offers from local farmers to scare crows might dry up a bit as well..

 Olympic ball throwing..

Fletcher on the case..

Early yesterday morning, before the sun got up, we gave Yarwood a good wash.  The river water was clean enough to use as a rinse - prior to this the R. Nene was carrying too much silt to be of any value.

 Everything off of the roof, a bowl of soapy water and a mop and broom, wind him up and away he goes..
A bucket of river water to rinse - I was supplying the river water and encouragement


 Getting there darling, looking lovely!!

We went on the wash the decks and cabin side and I then cleaned the brass.  We also took a chance that the weather had now turned for the better and stored the chimney's away.  Hopefully that will be the last we see of them until the autumn!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it lovely when someone else cuts the grass lol and you get to sit back and enjoy it lol.

    I find it very annoying that men can get their hair cut so much cheaper than us girls. Mind you I do Keith's hair. I usually head to Supercuts for my hair cuts as they are so much cheaper than most places.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo
    I used to do Joe's hair but when we moved on to the boat he brought the wrong combs/guides for his clippers so unless he wants a very close job....
    You guys have a lovely weekend as well
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.