Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Hop, Skip and SHIP

Just a short move yesterday to get ourselves into position for receiving visitors today. 
I left Himself abluting in the shower room yesterday morning while I walked the mile or so back to Hilgay village with the dogs.  NB. Matilda Rose was moored up along the village park so I went and had a quick word before I located the village shop and got a few essential supplies - essential because today's visitors will require feeding aboard Yarwood as we cruise them to Brandon lock where their car will be placed.

Having got food supplies  I then drove Graham's car south to The Ship Inn at Southery and awaited the arrival of Joe and boat...

Yarwood moored at the Ship Inn

When we were moored up we opted to have a pint and lunch in the pub before resuming our Olympic TV watching - I really thought the Olympics would pass us by as sport is not really our bag but we have both been completely caught up by the spectacle of the London Olympics!

In the evening we again adjourned to the pub to join Jill and Graham of Nb. MR and  Kev and Debbie of Wb. Avalon, for another pint before I shackled myself to the galley and got on with some cooking ready for our visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.