Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 15 July 2013

Brassed Off


 Yesterday afternoon Joe removed quite a lot of Yarwood's brass and I spent a couple of hours cleaning and polishing it before Joe gave it an initial coat of lacquer - Intalac.  This evening Joe applied a second coat. That should keep it looking good for some time without me ministering to it each week..

This morning Joe caught the bus into Banbury from outside the Brasenose Arms in Cropredy.  He was going in to buy some materials in preparation for putting a coat of protective varnish on Yarwood's scumbled borders.  We were advised to do this once year to keep the scumble in good condition so he will take advantage of this wonderful weather and slap a bit of yacht varnish on the boat tomorrow.
 Scumbled borders

2 comments:

  1. What? No exterior teak or mahogany, and you're still varnishing!

    I thought getting rid of the wood was the answer to getting rid of the varnish. My hopes are doomed.

    bob
    s/v Eolian
    Seattle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polish up you Hopes again Bob, very few narrowboats have scumbled borders that need varnishing..
      Lesley

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.