Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday 8 July 2013

Flying catch-up

Last Tuesday I went off to Essex to see Mother.  Joe and the dogs saw me to Tackley station, a 45 minute walk from the boat, where I caught a train to Paddington, crossed London and caught another train from Fenchurch street.  I hadn't mentioned to Mum that I was coming, thinking it would be a surprise for her, it was; she was out.    Having been caught like this once before I had picked up a key to her house so that foiled her!


 Abandoned by Husband and dogs as they go off back to the boat leaving me to await the train

The few days I spent with Mum soon disappeared, a trip by bus, with me lugging the 'lightweight' wheel chair, to the library and local shops, another bus trip to Basildon Hospital to see her friend Kath who had been carted off in an ambulance the previous Sunday, a few chores around the house and garden and then it was Friday and it was time for the journey back to hearth and home.

Arriving at Paddington early I took a wee detour and found a couple of Aussies enjoying their stay in the heart of London.  Paul and Elaine aboard Nb Caxton.  I quick and most welcome cuppa was soon rustled up by Elaine while I got to meet and greet the troupe of ancient (23 years and 20 years of age)and honourable cats that also made the journey to the UK  from Australia to partake in this canal Odyssey.  Lovely to see you all.


 Elaine and Paul and their boat Caxton in Paddington

 Joe and the dogs met me at Tackley station and I got myself around a very welcome pint as soon as we arrived back at base.
Saturday morning we pulled pins and headed north towards Lower Heyford and a water point..  We were going to carry on but we secured a 48 hour mooring where the hose reached the water point so we stayed the weekend and got ALL the laundry done and watched the world from a seat in the sunshine.

 Heading for Heyford

 Moored Lower Heyford 

 One more point needed...

Sunday afternoon I was glued to the tele, along with most of the population of the UK I suspect, for some of the best tennis ever...what a result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.