Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Market Bosworth to Shackerstone

We left our mooring at Market Bosworth late morning yesterday having got the laundry done and the water tank refilled we set off towards Shackerstone.  The previous afternoon a couple of men had been through with a mower and strimmer and you can see the results f their efforts in the photo below.

This is such a lovely rural canal



C&RT have been dredging in places and depositing the silt on the bank side.  Note the 'Danger' notice, DEEP MUD...well 8 inches or so anyway
 
I came across this chap on the towpath..an American Signal crayfish I believe.  He was very feisty when I bent down to photograph him and though I used my boot to shift him towards the hedge away from the canal I didn't have the heart to harm him - I understand that non native species such as this often end up under a fisherman's boot. 


Having spent time looking at the crayfish I am now playing catch-up with Joe and Yarwood
 
Moored up at Shackerstone on the 14 day moorings where we are going to stay for a few days.  There is an event on the Battlefield Line Railway this coming weekend that we would like to see, steam trains and heavy horses, a great combination. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Floyd - how can he be that old already?
    Jill (your comment box won't let me change the user name)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, I love to read them and I try to respond to each but regretfully I will no longer accept comments from Anonymous.